Thursday, October 22, 2020

Peachy Beachy Keen

I get hubbers to take me to the lake as often as possible. I love to sit on the beach and watch the sun set. I have always enjoyed being at the beach, even more so now, because....

Lake Huron, Ontario, Canada

I am recovering from heart and aortic bypass surgery. It's a long arduous process. It's also painful. I have a 14 inch incision from my mid sternum to my pubic bone (I had 59 staples). I also have a gangrenous baby toe, (that will be amputated in the near future), and severe nerve damage to both feet,(that will never go away), as a result of the blood supply being cut off from my hips down, when my aorta was totally blocked. 

Being at the lake, soothes my soul, and banishes my anxiety. I truly believe the atmosphere and energy helps my body heal. And...wow, isn't that a gorgeous sight!

sharing with

  Skywatch Friday


17 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you could have the surgery - and that you have some a beautiful place to recover and heal in. Heart balm at its very best. I hope your next surgery goes well - and is the last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been through a great deal, Karen, and if the views of Lake Huron are therapeutic get there as often as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I am glad the surgery was done and you are recovering. Sending prayers and well wishes for a complete recovery. Beautiful view and sky photo. Take care, stay well. Have a happy day and weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...peachy for sure, I had heart surgery 14 years, I hope that things improve for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Escaping to this gorgeous place has got to help you with your recovery. Stay safe which I am sure you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful image of a beautiful place. I hope you mend quickly and feel so much better! Hugs from the South Coast of Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh karen...as if you have not been through enough!! the beach has always been my happy place too and this is a beautiful image!!

    i hope you can get through this without too much more pain. i will keep you in my most positive thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is major surgery, and the pain of recovery is huge.But the fact that you are home, can give us an update, tells of your strength and wonderful inner spirit. Let nature and that beautiful view speed along the healing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makes my recent surgeries look like mosquito bites! I totally believe that places like your beach can sooth your soul and help you recover. Not to mention the beautiful skies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure being in nature can help heal us. i wish you fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peach was my first thought of your entry right before I clicked on it. Very pretty sky. I agree with you - nature heals.

    ~ Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, prayers going to you from Oklahoma for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending prayers and positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stopping by to visit, and praying for your healing, endurance and comfort.
    Life is totally upside down on my end too! Brother was diagnosed with cancer stage 4, and I once again became a full time caregiver.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, and hey, why not follow my blog too.
I can't respond to every comment, but I will return the favour and visit your blog. I have turned off word verification, but it randomly shows up, that's a BLOGGER glitch.