Thursday, January 30, 2014

Don't Want Your Photos "Auto Enhanced"?

Today when I uploaded my photos, they were auto enhanced by Blogger.  You can see in the post below.

I had not linked my blog to Google+ because of all the horror stories I had read about doing that. Since I was not linked to Google+ I could not turn off the auto enhance feature in the Google+ account settings.

So, today I learned that linking your Blogger account to Google+ is no big deal, if you do it the proper way.

Here's a link that will tell you exactly how to link your Blogger account to Google+ without having to actually switch to Google+

How to set up a Google+ profile for an existing Blogger account

Follow the directions exactly.

The procedure described in the link simply creates a Google+ profile for the Google (Blogger)account that you are using.  It does not change your blog settings in any way, and any Blogger posts that you make will still be attached to your Blogger profile, not to the Google+ profile.

Once you have linked to Google+ you can turn off the nasty auto enhance feature via your account settings in Blogger. Which I did!

And here is my original photo!

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


23 comments:

  1. yay!

    i, too, keep a google+ account but have never switched to g+ profile or g+ comment form or follower form. :)

    i just think it is sneaky sh*t that google attached that to your blog even w/o you having google+ set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and your original is more detailed, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much better! Glad you figured it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep -- I thought it was a beautiful bird below but I can see the huge difference and how much better this one is. Glad you figured it out.

    Typepad is doing some weird stuff too -- I wish our providers could ever just leave well enough alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting frustrated with Google +. I'm glad you found the solution. I loathe when strangers hook up with me.
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good info, i like the original better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely no enhancements needed here.
    This is such a beautiful photograph, and my very favorite bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you were able to fix the problem. You photos is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the original!
    I've been having similar problems but refuse to join Google+ to correct it. Some photos are so poorly "enhanced" that I refuse to post them. Very frustrating......
    I had shared directly from my flickr account to avoid this on one post a couple of months back but it seems that option no longer works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They will always look great to me. Wish I could help you with your tecnical issues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you got it figured out. He is a beautiful bird. Nicely captured.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the info. I too noticed my photos looked different when I uploaded to blogger, but couldn't put my finger on it. I'll definitely check out your link!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this, and I'm glad you're happy with your photos again. Your dove is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you posted this... I've ignored the Google+ - I'm going to follow your instruction. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent tips. I have a Google+ but managed to not put my blog through it - trial and error, I have no idea how I did it. I have gone in and turned off the auto enhance feature now. Don't you just hate it when computers take over!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, yep, yep. I posted something very similar a few weeks ago. And I have another 'rant' about Google coming soon. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that is crazy. I'm glad you figured it out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your photos! Thanks for the link about google+. I'll check into it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this information! I was wondering why my photos were looking strange when I uploaded them. Thanks to you, I now know why. I just finished fixing the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was able to use the advice to help a fellow blogger on City Daily Photo. He posted on Facebook that he was going to quit blogging for a while because he was so frustrated with what was happening to his photos. I gave him the link and he said it fixed his problem.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, and hey, why not follow my blog too.
I can't respond to every comment, but I will return the favour and visit your blog. I have turned off word verification, but it randomly shows up, that's a BLOGGER glitch.