Saturday was our first real spring like day. The temperature was 17C degrees.
We took a trip to the Pinery Provincial Park (Ontario, Canada).
Within the park is the Ausable River, where these photos were taken.
There was no snow in the woods, and the river was ice free.
Lake Huron also borders the park, where the photos below were taken. Unlike the forest area, the lake was still frozen. Those are not white cap waves, it's ice. The brown areas are snow banks (on the frozen water) with sand on them.
There was about 4 feet of open water at the shore. I took off my shoes and socks, rolled up my pant legs and waded in! The water wasn't as cold as you'd think!
1. I found Kim Klassen's Textures In Ten (free) texture tutorial. I have been joining in on her "Friday Finds" meme for a couple of weeks. I always admired the textured photos, but didn't know how to achieve the look. Well now I do! Thanks Kim! If you are interested in fabulous textures, click on over to Kim's site.
2. These are my first attempts at using "real" textures, which is quite different than having an online photo editor overlay one on top of a photo. It's not much more difficult though, and you have a lot more control over the final result of your finished photo.
3. There are subtle differences in the two photos. I like the second one the best, as I was trying to spotlight the main flower.
4. In other randomness today. It's raining, the snow is melting and the backyard is a muddy, seedy, peanut shell MESS. Wow, spring yard work is going to be heavy duty this year.
5. I am addicted to acquiring useless interesting iPad apps. Bubble Explode is the latest. As if I don't waste spend enough time on the computer already, now I have another techno gadget to play with! Ah well, I'm sure the novelty will wear off in a few weeks!
peeking at me while I was taking bird photos out the window. If he is the yard, and hears me open the window, he races up the trellis (one and half stories high), to say hi. Well, actually he is just looking for a peanut handout...which he got! I don't dare leave the window open if I step away, I think he would come right in!
Oh, and this little guy hanging out below is Bandit,
another one that comes a 'running when he hears the window open.